National Archives sign at Kew Gardens Station

National Archives sign at Kew Gardens Station

2010-02-13

Questions and opinions from a Canadian music industry icon about Canadian archives

I hope legendary Vancouver rock and roll dj Red Robinson's letter to the Times-Colonist newspaper on February 13, 02010 might provoke more public discussion about relationships and expectations between donors and archives. He wrote in response to my letter of February 10, which I wrote in response to an article from February 6 about his donating his interviews to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio. I took issue with this part of the original article:

Robinson would love to have kept it in Canada, but there was no place for it to go.

"There is no repository for my stuff, or Bruce Allen's, or Bryan Adams', or anybody," Robinson said. "It's a disgrace."

So he decided to give to the Rock Hall.


I posted two items about this on my personal blog at http://davidmattison.wordpress.com/2010/02/07/dj-red-robinson-interviews-heading-south-to-rock-roll-hall-of-fame-ohio-usa/ and http://davidmattison.wordpress.com/2010/02/13/red-rock-tapes-could-stay-here/.

No comments:

Post a Comment